Rays Swept By Rangers
By Dustin Staggers
After making up little ground in the standings with our 15 out of 20 game stretch, the Rays followed that up with an abysmal showing and a sweep by the Texas Rangers.
- The Rays scored a total of 7 runs in the 3 game series. This will not suffice, vs any team, let alone a team that can mash on the ball like the Rangers do. We were outscored in the series 20-7.
- David Price had his worst outing of the year in Game 2 of the series. 1.1 IP, 6 ER, 5BB. Once again, a stat line that will not cut it. I wonder how much longer Joe Maddon can continue to watch this guy decimate our bullpen with these short outings before either sending him down again, or moving him to the bullpen.
- The Rays moved into third in the league (from first) in run differential with a +75 because of this series.
- Carl Crawford led the team in the series with 3 hits. 3 FREAKING HITS! That was the team leader.
- 19 strikeouts in 3 games.
- 14 total hits in the series, which was 6 less runs that the Rangers scored on us during the 3 game stretch.
- The Rays moved to an abysmal 18-26 on the road, which by far is the worst road record out of any team over .500.
- The sweep moved us to 6-10 vs the AL West.