167 games later the Tampa Bay Rays are on the verge of an ALCS birth for the first time since 2008.
All hands are on deck tonight as the Tampa Bay Rays look to topple the mighty, 107 win, Houston Astros on the road. Tyler Glasnow will face off against Gerrit Cole in a winner-take-all matchup of flame throwing right handers. Glasnow, who is still working back from his lengthy stay on the IL, threw 76 pitches last Friday, meaning he could be in line to throw upwards of 90 pitches tonight.
Kevin Cash confirmed that both Charlie Morton and Blake Snell will be available out of the pen tonight as well, meaning that the Rays will have all of their weapons available tonight on the mound.
For the Astros, Gerrit Cole will look to replicate his Game 2 performance during which he struck out 15 in 7.2 dominating innings of shutout baseball, baffling Rays’ hitters with ease. But, like Justin Verlander, Cole too is human and the red-hot Willy Adames will be lurking in the 9-hole.
The Rays have all the momentum on their side while the Astros will have over 40,000 screaming fans to feed off of.
- Willy Adames:
- Willy has taken his game to another level this series going 5-10 with 2 bombs and three walks. Thats good for an 1.815 OPS and a 1.200 SLG.
- Jose Altuve:
- With a pair of doubles and bombs this series, Jose Altuve is slugging .863. It should be noted that he homered off of Glasnow in Game 1.
- Avisail Garcia:
- After piling up 4 hits in Game 4, Avi is hitting .385 this series.
- Yordan Alvarez:
- The rookie slugger is hitting .375 with 3 doubles.
- Tommy Pham:
- Pham has gone 7-17 this series, which is good for a .412 AVG.
- Alex Bregman:
- Bregman has gone 5-13 with a bomb and three walks (and 5 strikeouts) through 4 games.
- Correa, Brantley, and Springer:
- The three prominent Astros hitters have gone a combined 7-48 (.146 AVG) with 14 strikeouts.
- Choi, d’Arnaud, Meadows:
- The heart of the Rays order has gone a combined 7-41 (.171 AVG) with 19 strikeouts.
It all comes down to this.
Glasnow versus Cole.
Adames and Pham versus Altuve and Bregman.
Rays versus Astros.
A trip to the ALCS is on line and we should be in for one heck of a Game 5.
Are you ready?