The most entertaining player of 2019: Ji-Man Choi
The journeyman first baseman finally found a home in Tampa Bay after being acquired by the Rays last season.
Nobody else comes close when it comes to entertaining a fan base. Over the past season and a half, Ji-Man Choi has become a fan favorite in Tampa Bay. He has done it all. The South Korean native has hit for power in big spots, played great defense at first base, and danced his way into our hearts.
I mean, just watch this and tell me he isn’t the most entertaining player in baseball:
But, he has produced as well:
- 127 G
- .261/.363/.459 // .822 OPS // 119 OPS+
- 19 HR // 63 RBI
- 1.9 fWAR
Ji-Man Choi really does it all!
To recap, here are your 2019 Rays Colored Glasses superlatives:
- Team MVP: Charlie Morton
- Biggest Surprise: Austin Meadows
- Biggest Disappointment: Mike Zunino
- Most Improved: Willy Adames and Yandy Diaz
- Best Trades: Travis d’Arnaud and Nick Anderson
- Most Entertaining: Ji-Man Choi