The Tampa Bay Rays and Chicago White Sox are set to square off for the third and final game of this early-season series at Tropicana Field. The Rays have won each of the first two games by just one run (8-7 on Friday and 4-3 on Saturday), but their offense continues to fire on all cylinders.
In Saturday's contest, Randy Arozarena hit a home run to give the Rays an all-time record of hitting a homer in 21 consecutive games to start a season. It also marks a franchise record for 22 straight games with a home run dating back to the end of last year.
Tampa Bay Rays probable pitchers & starting lineups vs. Chicago White Sox, April 23
Rays vs. White Sox, probable starting pitchers, April 23
- 29-year-old Zach Eflin is going to be returning from the injured list and making his third start of the year. The right-hander was extremely efficient in his first two starts, going 11 innings and striking out 12 batters against just one walk. Eflin represented the biggest offseason move by the Rays, signing a three-year, $40M contract; so he will be heavily relied upon this year and beyond.
- Lucas Giolito will make the fifth start of his 2023 season for the White Sox. He has experienced a ton of ups and downs in recent years, but is only a few years removed from a no-hitter and an All-Star Game selection. In 21 innings this year, he has a 4.29 ERA and 23 strikeouts against just four walks.
Tampa Bay Rays starting lineup, April 23
- 1. 1B Yandy Díaz
- 2. SS Wander Franco
- 3. LF Randy Arozarena
- 4. 2B Brandon Lowe
- 5. DH Harold Ramírez
- 6. 3B Isaac Paredes
- 7. RF Luke Raley
- 8. C Christian Bethancourt
- 9. CF Manuel Margot
Chicago White Sox starting lineup, April 23
- 1. CF Luis Robert Jr.
- 2. LF Andrew Benintendi
- 3. 1B Andrew Vaughn
- 4. DH Eloy Jiménez
- 5. RF Gavin Sheets
- 6. 3B Jake Burger
- 7. SS Elvis Andrus
- 8. C Seby Zavala
- 9. 2B Lenyn Sosa
What channel is the Tampa Bay Rays game on today?
- Game time: 1:40pm ET
- The Rays broadcast will be televised on Bally Sports Sun.
- The White Sox broadcast will be televised on NBCSCH.
How do I stream the Tampa Bay Rays game today?
How can I listen to the Tampa Bay Rays game on the radio today?
- Rays fans will be able to catch the game on WDAE 620 AM / 95.3 FM (English) and WQBN/1300 AM (Spanish).
- The White Sox broadcast will be on WMVP 1000 AM.