Tampa Bay Rays probable pitchers & starting lineups vs. Toronto Blue Jays, April 16
The first-place Tampa Bay Rays enter the day looking to avoid a three-game sweep against the division rival Toronto Blue Jays. After winning the first 13 games of the 2023 regular season, the Rays have been outscored 11-5 in the first two games at the Rogers Centre.
Probable starting pitchers
- Staff ace Shane McClanahan will make the fourth start of his 2023 season. After breaking out last year (2.54 ERA, 144 ERA+, 3.00 FIP in 28 starts), he has been off to a red-hot start through the first three games of the current season. Entering the day, the 25-year-old has a 3-0 record and 1.59 ERA with 21 strikeouts in 17 starts and has continued to establish himself as one of the best pitchers in the American League.
- It will be a battle of the aces in Sunday's game, as the Blue Jays are set to trot out Alek Manoah as their starting pitcher. Manoah, 25, has struggled to begin the year after dominating in 2022. In three starts this year, he has a 4.91 ERA and 6.98 FIP, struggling to get batters out with any real consistency. Home runs (1.8 HR/9) and walks (6.8 BB/9) are way up for Manoah, so he will need to hone his command in if he is to stand a chance against this dangerous Rays lineup.
Tampa Bay Rays starting lineup, April 16
- 1. 1B Yandy Díaz
- 2. 2B Brandon Lowe
- 3. DH Harold Ramírez
- 4. SS Wander Franco
- 5. LF Luke Raley
- 6. 3B Taylor Walls
- 7. CF Josh Lowe
- 8. RF Vidal Bruján
- 9. C Christian Bethancourt
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, April 16
- 1. George Springer
- 2. SS Bo Bichette
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. 3B Matt Chapman
- 5. C Alejandro Kirk
- 6. LF Whit Merrifield
- 7. 2B Santiago Espinal
- 8. RF Jordan Luplow
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
What channel is the Tampa Bay Rays game on today?
- Game time: 1:37pm ET
- Bally Sports Sun will have the Rays game on television.
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the Blue Jays broadcast for the game.
- On a national stage, MLB Network will have the game as well.
How do I stream the Tampa Bay Rays game today?
How can I listen to the Tampa Bay Rays game on the radio today?
- Rays fans will be able to catch the game on WDAE 620 AM / 95.3 FM (English) and WQBN/1300 AM (Spanish).
- Ben Wagner will have the call at Sportsnet 590 for the Blue Jays.